Case Study: Comprehensive EICR & Emergency Lighting Testing at St Ermin’s Hotel
EICR and Emergency Lighting Testing
Cooper Weston Group, a leading electrical installation and maintenance company serving London and the South of England. With over a decade of experience serving a variety of sectors including hospitality, we have been recently working at the prestigious St Ermin’s Hotel in Westminster London. We understand the unique requirements of working within a luxury hotel, prioritising comfort and safety for all guests and staff.
For the past 2 years, we have performed emergency lighting testing at the stunning St Ermins Hotel in Westminster. For the comfort and safety of the guests and staff, all the emergency lights are thoroughly and regularly tested to ensure their operation.
Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)
Commercial electrical testing is an important part of running any business and this is especially true for businesses which are heavily used by members of the public. Buildings such as hotels are often in use around the clock, with large-scale electrical systems which are subject to wear, tear, corrosion, overloading and a whole host of other factors which could lead to deterioration and eventual faults. The process of an EICR involves a thorough examination of various elements, including the wiring, electrical accessories, and distribution boards.
The five main aims of an electrical installation condition report are:
- To ensure the electrical installation is safe to be used until the next inspection (following any work needed to make it safe).
- To find any damage and wear and tear that might affect safety.
- To find any parts of the electrical installation that do not meet the IET Wiring Regulations.
- To help find anything that may cause electric shocks and high temperatures.
- To provide and important record of the installation at the time of the inspection, and for inspection testing in the future.